Platinum Health European in association with the European Scanning Centre
(For men aged 45 and over who have not had a comprehensive medical in the last 5 years)
Time - up to 2 hours
Electron Beam Heart Scans involve an electron beam computed tomograph of the heart giving a picture of the degree of calcification of the coronary arteries and blood flow plus an associated calcium score used to advise on future lifestyle.
Risk factors for such investigation include: family history of heart disease, high cholesterol, high BP, smoking, overweight/sedentary lifestyle/stressful lifestyles, diabetes. Scan advantages include low radiation, ultra fast, perfect images within seconds. Calcium scores vary from 0 to 400 plus.
Above 100 may merit statins and aspirin (with cholesterol monitoring) and above 400 may merit electron beam coronary angiogram or routine angiography. Blood tests for full blood count, kidney function, liver function, cholesterol, prostate specific antigen and thyroid function.
- Full medical examination (blood pressure, pulse, height, weight, body mass index, lung function, basic eye and hearing test, examination of heart, chest, abdomen and nervous system)
- Urine test for sugar, blood and protein
- Standard electrocardiogram
- Stool test kit for colon cancer
- We will examine your testicles for any abnormality and teach you how to examine them to detect any signs of testicular cancer
During the above we will need to accompany you 3 minutes along the road to have your heart scan.
You will receive all you results within 4 days and the contents on a waterproof USB tag as used by the US Military.